I Had a Dream to Build . . .

a room box, one with a front, just like a doll house, but with only one room . . . a Boutique, with a large front window, or maybe two. ...

Friday

Shop Façade (Pt. 2)

Almost done, just a few finer details to be added, but it looks okay already. Below you can see I have installed the "glass" in the windows and added the doors.


There are also two LED lights which are temporarily mounted on the outside. I say temporarily, because they are held on with double sided tape which absolutely useless.

2 comments:

  1. This is getting exciting! The Grand Opening will be so much fun to see! As for the adhesive on dollhouse lighting... Yeah. It is unreliable and makes me feel insecure. I use a metal file to scrape off some of the brass, then spread a thin layer of Fast Grab Tacky glue with several tiny dots of super glue on top. I generally hold in place for about 30 seconds and that is enough for it to grab. Then I leave it absolutely undisturbed until the next day. Zero gravity also helps, so if you can lay the shop on it's back that is good. One other trick I like to employ is to mount the fixture onto a sconce plate using the same dual glue method. Then mount the sconce plate with dual glue to the project. More gluing surface is always better. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jodi for all your advice, it's very much appreciated. I really like the idea of using a sconce plate, if I paint it gold it will help the lights stand out more. They always say two heads are better than one and your head is always full of great ideas. 😘

      Delete

Thank you for your wonderful comments, they encourage me to continue writing this blog.